Saturday, August 16, 2008

Announcing Baby Grant Wade Bourgeous

Although I tried my best to wait until Jess got back on his leave, baby Grant was not as willing. In the early morning of August 12th he started giving me the signs and by 8:30 am he was born. He weighed 8 lb 2 oz and was 21 inches long. I was surprised at the big jump since my girls were both 6 pounders. It was a pretty easy delivery and the recovery so far has been great. I feel a million times better then what I was feeling just a week ago still being pregnant. I love having my body back!





Grant is so far the sweetest little guy ever. He snorts when he gets too upset which I find adorable. He is also really strong. He can already squeeze your finger until it hurts. The girls are in love already. I was a bit worried about Sierra being jealous but so far she seems to be taking everything in stride. Reanne is of course always wanting to touch his "sweet head" and hold him. They are very sweet and gentle with him.



I do have to say a big thank you to so many people who helped me during this whole process. From those who helped watch the kids while I was in the hospital to people who brought them food to those who stopped by afterwards to see if I needed any help. And a special thank you to Katie Mount who took me to the hospital and stayed with me so I wouldn't have to be alone while Grant was born. Thank you to everyone. I am so lucky to have such good friends and neighbors.

6 comments:

Misty McQuivey said...

Congatulaionts again! He is a beautiful baby!

Holbrook Girls said...

Congratulations! He is just adorable. I am so glad to hear you had so much help when your husband wasn't home yet.

Mrs. Brecheisen said...

Wow! How so exciting! Three cheers for Kattie Mount! Grant is beautiful and so glad to hear he has a sweet personality.

Becky said...

Congrats Kristy and Jess!! He is gorgeous!! We are so happy for you!

T-Ray said...

And to your sister Tracy.

mommy24 said...

Congratulations on your baby and the return of your husband. What a beautiful baby boy you have! He looks like you! I'm still baking my baby...and waiting!