Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day Of School




















Can you tell that we are excited about kindergarten? I say we because not only has Reanne been waiting for this day for "forever," but so have all the rest of us. The only person who was somewhat less then thrilled was Sierra who was a bit jealous. She is so used to being Reanne's shadow that I'm sure that in her mind she was going to kindergarten today as well. Needless to say, Sierra came home with us and Reanne stayed for her two hours. When I went to pick her up she insisted on riding the bus home. This was one of the things she was looking forward to the most, so we found the bus line and I left. When Reanne came back home and told us how awesome her day was, Sierra only had one thing to say. "I hate you." I should say that this is NOT a typical Sierra comment, which really goes to show how jealous she was. Reanne was understanding and only rubbed it in her face a little that she wasn't 5 yet, or potty-trained yet, or smart enough yet. I think all has been forgiven however, because they are playing hide and seek together and laughing as I write this.

5 comments:

dannyhaley said...

I can't believe how grown up Reanne is! She is so cute as is Sierra. Also Congrats on the new baby, he is so cute! It's fun to see your kids.

Holbrook Girls said...

So glad to hear Reanne likes kindergarten. How fun she can take the bus home. Madison would love to do that. I bet its nice to have your hubby home even though its for a short time!

Lynette Mills said...

Aahh, poor Sierra! That is a pretty strong statement coming from her sweet little mouth. Maybe it will convince her that getting potty trained might be a good thing after all. :o)

Tigerlily said...

Wow! Amanda loved it too! Amanda thinks it's cool that Reanne sits in her chair the second half of the day, or she sits in Reannes chair with the same teacher.

T-Ray said...

Oh Reanne cracks me up! I love her picture of her saying "YES" while lifting her arms up. I'm glad she is finally in school. :o)