Monday, September 29, 2008

Spotlighted

Last week Reanne came home with her first school award. I am pretty sure she got it when she was spotlighted in class so it's not a huge deal. It was a huge deal to me however. Reanne was having a hard week. It was one of those weeks when it wasn't easy for her to forget that dad was gone and that it wasn't fair. Mrs. Bergera's spotlight and award came at the perfect time. She was pretty happy with the extra attention from school and the award came with a certificate to get an ice-cream, which made Reanne really happy. It's pretty amazing how the little things in life keep us going. I am the same way. The smallest email from Jess helps me get through the day, and a visit from someone makes my whole week.

5 comments:

Logan said...

It's so true about how the little things keep you going. Also, I have to say that I love that your picture has the neighbor fiddling with his satellite dish. HA!

Kristy said...

That's funny. I didn't even notice. :)

jamiehixon said...

Logan ALWAYS notices things like that. This is a classic picture, by the way.
I think about you often Kristy. I really wish I lived closer.

Lynette Mills said...

aaww, my little star! I'm so glad you girls have blogs.

T-Ray said...

I am glad Reanne got a little attention at school. It is well deserved, she is such a smart girl. Can't wait to see you guys this week.