Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our Waffle Breakfast



Our neighbors, the Rempe's, invited us over for Mickey Mouse waffles last Saturday. They are a cute older couple in the ward who wanted to do something nice for the girls. The girls had been looking forward to this for some time and they were not disappointed. When we came over they had the table set with lots of things to decorate Mickey with, things mom would never put out for breakfast. There was whipped cream, chocolate chips, (which is solely what Sierra ate) raspberries, and they each got their own mini syrup bottle. Very fun, although this made for very hyper children afterwards. That's OK because they let me leave the girls there while I went home to start some dinner that I was giving that evening.


When I came back I found the girls in the same hyper state as before. Randy Rempe compared them to wild horses. Randy was raised on a farm in Iowa and would know about wild horses. In fact I was wishing my own Iowa husband could have snuck a peak at their house. There was John Deere paraphernalia everywhere. It was great. One of the many John Deere hats that were lying around got placed on Grant's head and there it stayed. It was cute, and it has been great to put on him when we go outside. All in all my kids had a pretty great time and I did too. (Especially the part when I left them for an hour.) :)

5 comments:

Misty McQuivey said...

What fun neighbors! That breakfast looks yummy! The picture of Grant is absolutly priceless. I can't believe how much he's grown!

Mel said...

Grant is adorable!

Those mickey waffles look very yummy! Did they buy them that way, or do they have a waffle maker in that shape?

T-Ray said...

That is like my dream waffle! That looks so good that I want a bite! ha ha... oh and Grant is super cute too, as always.

Lynette Mills said...

I guess you could say you payed it forward Kristy. They did something nice for you...which was super...and you did something nice for Tracy. Love the presentation of that waffle.

jamiehixon said...

That is awesome! I'm sure it was nice to get a break. And Grant sure does look cute.