Monday, October 6, 2008

When do boys get cooties?

Jess has always teased that he is going to have to watch the girls closely because they are so pretty. He just knew that they would be attracting all the boys. Well, I don't think he realized how young this would start and now he's not even here to do anything about it.

One of the first days Reanne started riding the bus, she told me that she was blowing kisses to a boy across the isle. I asked her if he was cute and she smiled and said yes. I asked her if the boy liked it and she said he didn't and that he was making faces at her. I told her that boys usually didn't like that sort of thing and thought that would be the end of it.

Well, I think Reanne thought about this and refined her techniques. The other day she came home and told me that she sat next to her boyfriend on the bus. I asked her if it was the same boy and she said it was a different one but that he was around her same age so he could be her boyfriend. The next day she said she sat by him again and said that they had a really fun time together. Upon further questioning I found out that they had fun "bathroom talking." Aah. So that's how you attract a boy in kindergarten. Well, today Reanne informed me that she was going to marry this boy. Do we even know his name? No. I told her to find out so that I could get to know this boy and see if he's marriage material. But obviously she has already found the secret to a 5 year old's heart.

3 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

oh no....I see trouble ahead! I can guess that she is still really enjoying her rides to school then?

jamiehixon said...

Ok, that is hilarious! At least she is being honest with you.

T-Ray said...

Ha ha!!! Reanne cracks me up. So that is what she was talking about today. She is so funny. Of course she would know the way to a boys heart at her age... she is a little bit of a tom boy herself. That is funny.