Thursday, November 20, 2008

Another update for Grant

I apologize for being so long with letting everyone know about Grant. The reason is that his first appointment with the surgeon was cancelled due to insurance issues. To set every one's mind at ease...we do have insurance for him, it's just not the good insurance that the rest of the family is on. For some reason I thought that after enrolling him in the military system he would automatically be put on the plan that the rest of the family is on. I was mistaken and actually should have gone through the process of filling out the necessary paperwork to put him on our plan which I didn't do until a few days ago. He will be on the correct insurance December 1st but all the hospital work has been under the other policy.

So I saw a surgeon at Primary Children's Hospital today and we have scheduled his surgery for the 26th of this month. That will be perfect timing with my parents coming up for Thanksgiving. They will be able to help watch the girls and be with me at the surgery. I will most likely find out the results of the biopsy within a week of the surgery. I will definitely post results on the blog as soon as I know. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. They have been so appreciated!

3 comments:

T-Ray said...

I am glad things are working out better... Grant will be in my prayers. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.

jamie hixon said...

Thanks for the update. Mom told me last night about the timing of the surgery... that is so great! We'll miss you at Thanksgiving but I'm glad you are coming to town soon.

Mrs. Brecheisen said...

I am glad you will have family around. I wish I could be there.
We'll be praying.