Monday, November 24, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Tree

Since the first of November the girls have added leaves to their Thanksgiving tree. Each leaf has written on it something that the girls believe to be a blessing in their lives. It was good practice for them to think about things they were grateful for and fun for me to know what makes my little girls happy. These are some of the blessings they listed.
Grandma, Grandpa, cousins, aunts and uncles, mom, dad, Reanne, Sierra, and "The Grantinator."
Our house, a TV, our fish, toys, books, and games.
Jesus, Heavenly Father, the prophet, and teachers.
Halloween, Birthdays, cake, and root beer.
Sleeping a long time, coloring, writing, and not being sick.
Rainbows, smiles, and walking Lola (our neigbor's dog.)
Fall, light, a movie with popcorn, and making cards.
Friends, presents from dad, health, smelling and tasting.
We hope all our friends and family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. It is nice to have a holiday where we remember all the blessings that we have, for we truly do have a lot to be grateful for.

5 comments:

jamie hixon said...

That is a great idea, and totally sweet.

Lynette Mills said...

You took the words right out of my mouth Jamie...Kristy, I know things have been a little rough- so it amazes me that you still find the time and the strenght to do cute things like this. Can't wait to see it.

T-Ray said...

I loved seeing all the additions every time I came over. It really is such a cute and good idea. You are such a great mom. Hope I remember to do stuff like that one day when I have kids.
P.S. It makes me happy that Aunts made it on a leaf. :o)

annie said...

That is an awesome idea! I'm going to steal it next year! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Your family is beautiful. Tell Jess Hi!

William said...

The things that the girls wrote were all very sweet. You are a great mother to your children thank you for your example so I might be a good dad.