Wednesday, November 19, 2008

To Be 3 Again

Days like today make me wonder what it was like for my mom when I was young. Here is what the day was like for Sierra and myself.

Sierra woke up at 8:00 knowing it was her birthday and sang herself the birthday song a few different times. I woke up at 7:00 from a telephone call after being up every hour of the night with Grant and tried to sound happy on the phone.

Sierra couldn't stop counting her presents on the table. After being told on the phone that Grant doesn't have the right insurance I got our hospital bill in the mail. I couldn't stop counting up the bill which was over four thousand dollars.

Sierra told me how she wanted her cake: chocolate with butterflies and flowers on it. I had trouble finding time to make and frost it when Grant was fussy all day.

Sierra got ready to open her presents and eat her cake. I got ready to clean up throw-up from Reanne who has been on the couch crying telling me how bad she feels. (Luckily she only missed the toilet once out of three times.)

Sierra had a wonderful, exciting, special day and was truly happy. Although my day was far from wonderful or exciting, I was glad to see Sierra's sweet smile and know that she had a good birthday.

7 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

I know I must have had days that were not happy, but I honestly don't remember them. So sorry you have to deal with so much without Jess being there to help. Please plan some things to do while I'm there so I can give some much needed relief.

Misty McQuivey said...

Oh my you did have quite a day. The good thing is that Sierra will only remember how fun her birthday was and her fun birthday cake you made. I cheat and buy my kids at the store. I've never been good at cake decorating. I hope Reanne gets feeling better soon and that the rest of you don't get the same thing. I wish I was a little closer to help. I think about you all the time. Hope you have a better day and get some sleep tonight.

BTW what have you found out about Grant's neck??

robin said...

Sweet, sweet Kristy! What a day you had, and what a good Mom you are! Sierra looks so happy in the photos, and at least she was singing all day. Sorry to hear Reanne is sick, hope she doesn't share the bug with the rest of you.
Did the insurance company say why it was denied, or did the hospital simply refuse the payment from that source? Let me know if you need any research done on this, PHC or Tricare policies. Did they require pre-authorization for the tests or did they even give a reason?
Our prayers are with you in resolving this and we'll gladly help in anyway we can. It is very frustrating to have these delays when Grant needs to have this taken care of. Call your Congressman! says the old Rabble Rouser, call out the Guard! OK, well...we'll call and chat about this. We love you and miss you and the girls. You're doing a wonderful job under very difficult circumstances. Our love to all...

jamie hixon said...

Somtimes she looks like a total mini-Kristy.
What a day! Again, I wish I lived closer.

Mrs. Brecheisen said...

Kristy, you really need to dispute those bills. Did he have his surgery or is that all testing leading up to surgery? You really should email with details. I hate not knowing what is going on.

I am glad Sierra was still able to have a nice birthday. I can't believe she is 3.

T-Ray said...

Sorry that you had a hard day... you did a good job faking it when when we were all over. Glad I could hold Grant for a few hours for you. You did a really great job and Sierra is such a sweetheart, I was so happy to be able to celebrate with her!

ammarbder said...

شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بالرياض