Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Update on Grant

It has been a long past few days. Some of you know that Grant has a lump on the back of his neck. First I was told that it was an enlarged lymph node. After two weeks of this lump still growing I took him back to his pediatrician who then referred us to Utah Valley for an ultrasound and blood work. The blood work came back mostly normal with his white blood cells a little low. The ultrasound confused the doctors and we were ordered to get an MRI. Well, after about 4 1/2 hours in the hospital today and another long wait at home I finally got some results back (kind of.)

The doctor told me that the mass was atypical of either malignant or benign cancer. It has a "rim" around the mass and they can't really tell what it is. Although it is atypical of what cancer looks like, they are not ruling it out since it is still growing. So I am next going to be referred to a surgeon at Primary Children's Hospital. He will most likely schedule me to have it removed. Poor Grant. He has been pinned down and stuck many times in the last couple days and I guess he has a few more needles to look forward too.

8 comments:

T-Ray said...

Poor Grant! I hope everything turns out ok. I will keep him in my prayers. That is so sad that he has to go through this.

Lynette Mills said...

Thanks for the update Kristy....we also will keep him in our prayers. Dad and I were just saying we would like to be there to help you with this. I bet Jess is feeling particularly bad also.

Becky said...

I'm so sorry that you guys have to deal with all of this right now, especially with Jess gone!! We will keep your family in our prayers!!

jamie hixon said...

Oh my goodness, I had no idea! That is so sad. I will pray for you guys as well.

William said...

I'm sorry that you and Grant have to go through all of this. Billy & I are keeping your family in our daily prayers and please let us know if we can help you in any way. Love you!

Holbrook Girls said...

My prayers are with you and your family Kristy. I hope everything is benign and Grant will be okay.

Mel said...

Levi and I will keep Grant in our prayers. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.

Mrs. Brecheisen said...

Poor baby Grant. Surgery is awful.
Keep us updated, we'll be prayin' for you both.