Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bread Recipes

Thank you to those of you who came to my stamp party. I thought it was fun.

Here are the recipes for the two breads that I made for the party. The banana bread I actually left in a bit too long and it usually turns out better. In the pumpkin bread I put in fresh pumpkin but canned works equally as well. Enjoy.

Banana Bread

1 1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cube of butter
3/4 cup sour milk (to sour just add some lemon juice to the milk)
2 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
3 crushed bananas (the browner the better)
1 tsp vanilla
nuts (optional)

Cream sugar, butter and eggs. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk. Add vanilla, bananas, and nuts. Blend. Pour into 2 greased bread pans. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

Pumpkin Bread

1 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 2/3 cup flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cloves
2 eggs
1/2 cup salad oil
1 (15 0z) can pumpkin
1/2 bag chocolate chips

Beat eggs, oil, and pumpkin. Add dry ingredients and blend. Add chocolate chips. Bake in 2 greased bread pans for 1 1/2 hours at 325 degrees.

4 comments:

AllMyKs said...

These look so good! You need to put them on Yummy Mummys!

dannyhaley said...

The bread recipes look yummy!

I am so happy to hear Jess is coming home this week! You deserve a fun weekend with your husband. I am amazed you survived without him, you must have way more patience with your kids than I do.

jamie hixon said...

I was with you in spirit and credit card... too bad my actual body couldn't make it because my mouth and tastebuds would have really loved the goodies! I'm glad it was fun.

T-Ray said...

OH my gosh! I was totally going to JUST do a post tonight with the Banana Bread Recipe and Pumpkin Cookies! Weird... we are totally on the same page. Its making me hungry. yum. I still might post them even though you just did.