Friday, February 27, 2009

Homecoming


I have to admit that I imagined our initial reunion a bit more romantic, bu
t after being up since 4:00 am cleaning up Grant's throw-up and diarrea, leaving by 5:45, traveling slow through a snow storm and finding Jess landed a lot earlier then expected, my ideal reunion was a bit crumbled. But just because it doesn't begin the way you want it to doesn't mean the whole day goes sour. It was a great day.







The girls were so happy to see dad again and we caught up a bit on the ride home. As soon as we hit Camelot Village Jess saw the flags and sign that had been so thoughtfully put out last night to welcome him home. He asked me, "What are all the flags for?" When I told him they were for him Jess cried (of course grumbling at the same time that we shouldn't have done that for him.) It was a sweet gesture though and it made me cry as well because I know that the flags represent the love that the ward has for our family. Thank you everyone for putting them up and for all the support and love you have shown us through this last year. I would never have been able to get through the last 13 months without you.

When we got home Jess gave each of the girls a yellow rose and a red rose for me. He also gave Reanne and Sierra a party dress from Afghanistan. I wish the pictures would have turned out clearer so you can see the dresses better. They are very intricate and we both decided that Afghans definitely like their bling. Reanne and Sierra also gave Jess a book that they had made from their drawings and paintings called "I Love You Dad." It was really sweet.

They both went around the house and showed Jess everything that they thought might be important for him to know. Things like what they got for their birthdays and Christmas, what they like for snacks, and where the hairbrush is. What they really were looking forward to most however, was wrestling dad. It was so cute to watch. I don't think I have seen Reanne or Sierra so happy in the whole year Jess has been gone. Oh how little girls need a dad around! Letting them jump on me and pound me is just not something I am willing to do and they just love it. Grant of course loves Jess too, just like everyone else. He was smiling and laughing with him and not a bit shy.


It was such a wonderful day. I am so happy that it finally came.









13 comments:

MRS DOTTER said...

I am so happy for you. Thank you for sharing it with us.

T-Ray said...

YEA!!!! I am so happy Jess is finally home. Things will be so much better now but you did amazing on your own while he was gone. That is so awesome that the flags were put up. I am so happy that your family is all together once again. This made me cry a little.

AllMyKs said...

Thank you for sharing your homecoming with us! So happy for your family to be reunited!
Love the picture of Sierra-so Sierra.
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Erin said...

Congrats Kristy! I am really happy for your family.

Sarah said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you guys! Those dresses are amazing.

Holbrook Girls said...

I am soooooo happy for you. It must be so awesome to have him home. Is he going to be home for a long time now???

jamie hixon said...

I feel like shouting for joy! That is soooo wonderful. I'm sorry about Grant being sick, but now you have a helper!! YAY!!!! The dresses are beautiful and I'm so happy for your family. Yay Jess!

Brynley said...

I'm so excited he is home!!! I'm so happy your family is together again!! Yeah!! My girls might come home from the NICU tomorrow.

Lynette Mills said...

The minute I opened your page and saw the flags I started to cry! Thank you for putting up this post Kristy and helping all of us who love you to be a part of the wonderful day (that I have been telling everyone about all week) What a nice greeting for Jess.
The girls look darling.

jakeandjessicafillmore said...

We are so happy that you are finally reunited!!!! YAY!!!!!! I love the flags, it makes me feel so proud of all of the hard work and sacrifice of our military and your husband especially. thanks for sharing your touching story.

Becky said...

Kristy! I am so happy for you that Jess is finally home. I'm so glad that you can all be together again. Congrats! Welcome home Jess!!

Amy Lou said...

I am so glad that he made it home safely!

Stephanie said...

Kristy, I am also so happy for you and your family. It is so neat that we all have chances to read about and get to know people a little better through these blogs.