Monday, March 30, 2009

Commercial Junkies

So I have come to the sad conclusion that my kids watch too much TV. I know because it seems to be creeping in to all other aspects of their lives. Of course they tell me what they want for their next birthday or treat and it is always a toy they saw on a commercial. They also will tell me what I need. First it was a self-watering plant bulb. Then I needed this special cleaner that makes my bathroom shine like new. I knew it was getting bad however when I heard yelling the other day. As I walked upstairs I hear Reanne yelling, "It's my money and I need it now!." Then Sierra would yell back. "No it's my money and I need it now!." I guess it's time to set some TV limits!

8 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

ha ha ha ha ha....that is the most obnoxios commercial on tv. But it really catches your attention because they are yelling out windows to nobody. I'm not surprised they would repeat it. It's funny...but I understand why you don't like it. Really, you guys watched a lot of tv and you turned out fine. I do admit that tv is much worse now than it was then. Good luck.

AllMyKs said...

That is hilarious that they picked up THAT commercial of all of the commercials out there! Welcome back! I have missed you and your posts!

Tigerlily said...

Okay...I needed a laugh today and I got it from you! That is awesome! One for the journal. I loved it.

T-Ray said...

HA!! Your kids are so funny. I love all of your blog posts about things they do and say. I need to visit more often. And I think tv limits are a good thing.

jamie hixon said...

I have never seen that commercial, because I don't have cable. I think I'm going to keep it that way. Good luck with trying to cut down... I love the moments of freedom I get when I pop a Charlie and Lola DVD into our playstation and let Asher zone for a little bit. :-)

courtneyb said...

my kids are always telling me what infomercial products i need.

Becky said...

Too funny! I've caught my kids yelling the same commercial. They think that it is hilarious.

William said...

Though we don't have T.V., I have seen this sort of behavior before. When I was babysitting around Christmas time, this boy was watching all the commercials and writing down all the toys straight onto his wish list. He would ask me how to spell the names and sometimes ask me what the toy even was! Crazy kids :) I love your girls, they are always good for a giggle. (this is Lori posting!)