Monday, April 20, 2009

Gardening and Gutting


I saw this Columbine flower at Walmart and bought a couple to plant in my garden last weekend. I think Columbines are such pretty flowers. I also got a couple Lavenders to grow in pots because they smell really great, are pretty hardy, and the pots will contain their monstrous growth. While I was doing that....

Jess was busy (not really gutting but definitely carving) up the front end of a deer. A friend of his gave it to him, probably knowing he would never be able to do what Jess was doing. I have to admit that I would never be able to chop up an animal either and Jess is perfectly willing. He does do some great things with the meat. My only question is: Does he have to do it in my kitchen?






3 comments:

jamie hixon said...

You need a butcher shop out back. That would totally make me throw up.

Lynette Mills said...

Women are gatherers and men are hunters.....you guys are living the caveman dream!

T-Ray said...

Jess is great to be able to do that. And seeing your flowers makes me want to garden! I think I will this weekend. :o) I'm so excited it is finally warm!