Sunday, September 20, 2009

Military Ball


Jess and I went to our second military intelligence ball on Friday. They provided us dinner, entertainment (Comedy Sports), and a dance. It was fun to go to our 30-something prom. And surprisingly it was much the same as your high school equivalent. You see trampy girls, guys who want to impress everyone, and the shy quiet people too.

The Brigade Sergeant Major gave a little speech and was going to tell stories of soldiers who were extraordinary during their deployment last year. He decided last minute to not share the stories but later came up to Jess and told him he was one of the soldiers he was going to talk about. I was very proud to be married to someone who is such an example no matter who he is around or what setting. What a lucky woman I am.

4 comments:

T-Ray said...

You guys are a great couple. You are lucky to have each other... having each other I have seen you both become better people and I am lucky to have you in my family. :o) The dress looks great on you and the event sounds like a lot of fun... except for the people who are trying to re-live their high school days.

rsbart said...

no prom pose?

jamie hixon said...

How fun! You guys look great. I would have laughed at the "high school wannabes." Those people are so sad.

mommy24 said...

Looking gorgeous, Kristy Bourgeous!!