Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pink Pancakes

I was never a huge fan of Jerry Seinfeld, but I am now a big fan of his wife, author of the cookbook "Deceptively Delicious". This cookbook features recipes where you hide vegetables in kid friendly food. (I know Becky that you introduced this to me ages ago...why didn't I listen?)

Last night we made pink pancakes which where made from whole wheat flour, an apple and beets. I know what you're thinking. Gross. Reanne told me they were the best pancakes she's ever had and Sierra had three of them. I think Grant ate four of them and Reanne ate five. I was soooo happy that they not only ate dinner without a huge fight or complaint but that they actually were eating vegetables. Everyone was happy....but mostly me.

5 comments:

courtneyb said...

i want to take a look at that book, cool! Could you taste the beets?

T-Ray said...

that is BRILLIANT! You will have to teach me the ways when I have kids!

jamie hixon said...

I've heard of this book, but so far I haven't had to go out and buy it. Maybe when Asher gets a little older he will be more picky?
I think the name definitely helps. "Pink Pancakes" sound a lot better than "Apple-Beet Wheat Pancakes."

William said...

I've seen this book before in different families homes that I babysat for. I haven't samples anything from it yet, but heard great reviews. At the moment William is a garbage disposal, we shall see when he gets a little older. Glad the kids enjoyed their pink pancakes.

AllMyKs said...

You are so sneaky! I can't wait to hear more about this!