Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009


Another Christmas has come and gone. I think Jess and I were a bit stressed this year leading up to the big event. Jess, because of juggling his mountain of responsibilities and preparing for finals and me, feeling like I had to do it all this year since last year I did very little. In any case, we got through everything with even a few days to spare before Christmas.

The kids were of course oblivious to any adult concerns and were in love with everything Christmas. It is fun to see how magical and wonderful everything is through their eyes. Christmas morning they actually slept in a little and then crept into our bed and we discussed if we should should wait for Grant to wake up. I think the answer was no but he woke up shortly after anyway.

The big present from
Santa this year was a dollhouse that I grew up with as a child. We eventually passed it down to another family we knew, who passed it back to us when they grew out of it. To make it look new again my parents and I put in new carpet and wallpaper and repainted it. It was a bit of work but I think it is great when you can hand something down for so many years.

Of course what my kids wanted most this year were light sabers since they are huge Star Wars fans -since Thanksgiving. And I have to say, those light sabers are their favorite toys (along with their Darth Vader and R2D2 potato heads.)

Jess's big present, besides the gun he bought himself last month, was me paying off his student loan behind his back. Debt free!!...almost. My big present was an hour at a spa. I guess my stress this month showed a bit.



Merry Christmas everyone!

3 comments:

T-Ray said...

Yea! You posted pictures! I have beeb waiting. And you forgot to mention that I helped with the doll house too! Glad you guys had a good Christmas. I missed you and your family.

Kristy said...

Oops Sorry Tracy.

jamie hixon said...

How fun, and I love the way the dollhouse turned out. Seeing Grant here reminds me that I should send you another round of Asher clothes.

Also, I just have to tell you how CUTE your Christmas cards were! So beautiful, and I bet it took forever to do that for everyone.