Saturday, February 13, 2010

The party to end all parties...or at least me.

Reanne has been planning a Star Wars birthday party since Christmas. If I had also planned for that length of time I would have been better off, but it still turned out pretty well for my first big party and the kids all had fun I think. First we played Star Wars Bingo where they watched clips of the movies to find the characters on the cards. This introduced Star Wars to all the kids who only know it through the Lego Star Wars Wii game. A big thank you to Jess who was up until 1:00 in the morning putting the clips together.
We then played pin the tail on the Bantha. I think pin the tail games are the best at determining which kids are honest. I think all of two of the twelve kids got the tail directly on the mark. It's amazing how that happens!


Then the kids had to go through a light saber obstacle course to become real Jedi knights. This included doing rolls, crawling through tunnels and popping bubbles with their sabers. At the end they received their Jedi name tags.


I wish I got pictures of the "meteor shower" they had to go through to rescue Princess Leia. It was probably because half the kids were either frustrated or upset that they couldn't pop the black balloons and were crying. Jess finally got a knife out and blasted most of them...and the very last balloon had Leia in it. What are the odds.Finally, they got to battle and kill Darth Vader. Can you believe I attempted making this lovely pinata? So glad we found one instead. They also battled R2D2 and he was demolished at the end. The only thing left of the cake were his feet.

This picture pretty much sums up the party. What a bunch of cute Jedi.






6 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

Wow Kristy! You are up there in league with Cherry Field and her parties! I'm so impressed with the work you put into this. I hope the kids all appreciated it and had fun. I bet you are glad it's over.
Happy Valentines day... love you

T-Ray said...

It all turned out great and you did an AMAZING job! I am so glad you got a picture of all the kids with their light sabers!

MnM McQuivey's said...

What a fun party! The kids will never forget it! You and Jess are amazing!

Amy Lou said...

Fun Party. Great idea Kristy!

Becky said...

I'm impressed! Good job Kristy!

Ruby said...

now I'm really shaken in my boots! Shari showed me the list for her birthday party and there are 20 kids on there. I don't know if I should make her scale it back or just go with it =]

by the way, Shari had a blast. She kept telling me she was official