2 15.5 oz cans of kidney beans
1 can tomato paste
1 onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp pepper
1/4 cup of Goya brand recaito (in the latin aisle at Walmart)
(this is green stuff in a jar)
salt to taste
- So this is an incredibly easy recipe as far as ingredients. The tricky part comes in the making of it.
- Basically you put all the ingredients (EXCEPT SALT AND PEPPER) in the crock pot on low. You add water to cover the beans. You are going to end up reducing it so depending on how soupy or thick you like the mixture is how much water you put in it. You can always add more.
- Keep the beans on low all day. The longer you cook this, the more tasty it is.
- At the end you add the salt and pepper, mix and turn off the heat.
- Serve on rice with avocado slices on top.