Monday, April 26, 2010

Update on the kids

I haven't updated anything on the blog for a while and thought a good subject would be my kids. I'm always amazed at how fast they go through different stages.

Reanne:
I have always told everyone she is my hard child. Lately however, I have realized how she really isn't anymore. She has been a lot happier and her fits of frustration are actually silent now (sometimes in writing) but I'll take that any day of the week. She is doing really well in school. She just got moved up another group in spelling and has almost passed all of her math facts. Her favorite books to read are Junie B. Jones but told me that when she finished reading Charlotte's Web that her eyes started watering a little and that it made her feel things. (But she wasn't crying.) I actually cry at the end of Charlotte's Web too.

Sierra:
She just wants to be big so badly. She tries to imitate Reanne in everything she does and does a pretty good job of it. If she wasn't still sucking her fingers I would say she definitely is a very big girl. I've seen a really big jump with her trying to read and write. She actually can read small words and her new favorite thing is to type (like a big girl) on the computer. She still is the same cuddly, bear cub that she's always been though and still needs tons of praise and attention. Here's a note I found from her this week.Grant:
I am discovering that Grant is 100% boy. He spends the majority of his day looking for something to throw or rip or break. We have locks on every cupboard of our house and still he finds things that he isn't supposed to. One of his favorite things to do is to take off the vent covers and fill our vents with whatever he can find. We also discovered that he enjoys stuffing things in other places...like our printer. Here is what we found in it when it stopped working last week.




5 comments:

Ruby said...

Grant, oh my!!

William said...

Thanks for the update Kristy! Sierra seems way to little to be reading and writing!! I'm glad that Reanne is slowly growing out of her frustrating outbursts... and Grant, well, have fun with that! William is not that destructive so i guess i'm lucky. He is all about the baseball & bat though- we play a lot! :)
Love you- Lori

T-Ray said...

So glad that Reanne is so much better with her temper. I have noticed that she is a lot happier. I thought that Sierra stopped sucking her fingers. That totally cracks me up about Grant. I think it is so funny that he figured out how to take off the vent and that he stuffs it with random stuff. What fun kids you have. I sure love them.

Lynette Mills said...

Thanks for the update Kristy... I am mentally preparing for my 2 weeks with them. I hope your house will still be standing when you get back! ha ha

jamie hixon said...

Ok, this was great. Informative and funny. Man, I'm sad I don't live closer.