Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 3 - Sevilla

Today we left Portugal and came into Spain. Spain is a bit easier to drive in because the people are safer and their streets are actually labeled. We made it to our first stop, some Roman ruins outside of the city, without problems. When we were planning our trip I was really excited to see a castle and Jess REALLY wanted to see Roman ruins. This stop did not disappoint. It was huge. There were ruins of the whole city and it was pretty intact. This is Jess cheering at the ampitheater.
This is our hotel in Sevilla. Getting here we did have problems. It was in the middle of the old part of town which is "complicated" according to the clerk at the hotel. I'd say! It took us 3 1/2 hours trying to find it. It's best to not go into detail about our car ride in those 3 1/2 hours. I thought we wouldn't have time to see Sevilla after that, but people and places stay open late here and so we were able to still see a few things.
Some buildings of the city. It is just amazingly gorgeous here. Everything is so old and has so much history.


This is inside a church. At first I thought it was the cathedral we were looking for because it was so ornate. Nope. Just a church.

We were able to go into an art museum. This was much like going to an art museum in the states, except the paintings are all 200 years older. Of course everything was religious. We saw many, many bleeding Jesus paintings and Holy Mothers nursing her child. This statue was made in the 1400's.




And now we are in our very fancy hotel evading sleep once again. But I had to post pictures before I got too far behind.



4 comments:

jamie hixon said...

That is so very cool. I'm so happy for you! If I ever get rich, I'm taking you guys with me on vacation.

T-Ray said...

Awesome. I love the old buildings and museums and I think ruins are the coolest! So glad you guys got to go on this trip.

courtneyb said...

I've been thinking about you daily, wandering the old streets of Europe. Love the updates!!

Amy Lou said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Keep the pictures coming.