Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Egg looking desert

I am working on personal progress with my beehive neighbors. They come over nearly every day. For their project on individual worth they are going to be teaching me to cook authentic Mexican dishes. Exciting for me!

This was our first little recipe. It was something their mom grew up eating for desert in Mexico because it was inexpensive. It looks like an egg but the white is just sweetened condensed milk mixed with sour cream. (You use a can of milk with 8 oz of sour cream.) The yolk is actually a canned peach although they usually use canned apricots. I thought it was pretty clever and something I could use on April Fool's Day sometime for my kids.

5 comments:

T-Ray said...

It DOES look like an egg! How funny. Did you like the way it tasted?

courtneyb said...

how did it taste?

Kristy said...

It was pretty good. It added a little something extra to canned fruit.

Lynette Mills said...

Cool.. I need to remember this!

William said...

Sweetened condensed milk and sour cream! That sounds gross... however i learned to like dipping strawberries in sourcream and brown sugar...so maybe it's not that bad. Love you- Lori