Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Enchilada Dinner


Today I had the amazing experience of learning to make enchiladas...authentic ones. We started the process at around 10:00 in the morning and didn't finish until 1:00 in the afternoon. My lovely neighbors and their wonderful mother came and started a tornado in my kitchen. They were working so quickly that I could barely keep up while writing down everything I saw them do. I had no idea how many steps were needed or how many dishes we would need to use to complete this dish...but it was worth it. It was so delicious. It kind of reminded me of making Thanksgiving dinner and the clean up really reminded me of Thanksgiving dinner. It took like 3 hours! I can't imagine cooking like this every day, but I'm glad I can now make it again sometime.

5 comments:

T-Ray said...

that looks REALLY good! But just looking at it, you wouldn't think it would take so long.

Becky said...

Is the recipe something that you can post? I would love to learn how to make authentic enchiladas!

jamie hixon said...

YUM!!!
If this recipe is post-able, please post!!

Lynette Mills said...

Well, it sounds like a big deal. Maybe we can do this for Thanksgiving one year instead of the traditional Turkey!

courtneyb said...

i want it, and the beans and the rice recipe.