Here was our father's day cake. It is a flan cake (still part of my training). I really liked it. Much better than just plain flan I think.
1 chocolate box cake mix
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Carmel ice cream topping
- In a large bunt pan that has been sprayed with oil, pour some Carmel in the bottom until it covers.
- Follow cake directions on box and set aside.
- Put both cans of milk in blender, with 4 eggs and vanilla. Blend and set aside.
- Put cake batter on top of Carmel and then slowly pour blender mix on top of cake batter. Don't use all of it or the cake will overflow. Leave about 8 oz and save for something else.
- Cook at 350 degrees for about 1 hour until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on counter for at least 20 minutes until all the way cool.
- Carefully flip upside down and add sprinkles.