Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Old

I told Jess last night that I was old. At the end of every day I feel like I have just finished a 10 mile hike up a mountain. Jess said it was just our time of life. If we had had 3 young kids when we were 20 we would have felt the same way. So do you think that when my kids are older and not so demanding that I will feel young again?

I have to record some of Grant before I forget it. He is so cute with how he says the girls names. He calls Reanne "Hareanne" and Sierra "Hasin". He never calls an animal by it's name but by the sound it makes, unless he knows a pet that has been named. Our neighbor has a cat named Armani and so all cats are now called Armani. He also has a favorite silky blanket which his Aunt Lori gave him when he was a baby. He calls it his "hmm hmm". He is so sweet....but at the same time so frustrating. He has definitely entered the twos and has become very independent. He won't do anything I say and will tell me no EVERY time I tell him to do something. As with everything in life, the good and the bad always come together.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I think that you will feel younger and have more energy once the very dependent stage is over. At least that is what i am hoping too!
Grant & William are two peas in a pod! William also has his two extreme sides- tells me NO to everything, but is also such a wonderful little boy. I guess we should just hold on tight to the precious and let go of the frustration as quick as we can. Love you my young older sister :)

T-Ray said...

Although Grant is difficult. He sure is cute! I love hearing about all the cute little things he says and does.

Lynette Mills said...

I love your posts... even when you talk about your personal struggles. I love the time of life I'm in right now. It will come for you one day too.

jamie hixon said...

I totally feel old! I am tired all the time, and my kids aren't even that hard right now (but they do wake up WAY too early). I have a lot of mental exhaustion that manifests itself physically I think.
I hope I feel young again some day.