Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Raspberry Patch

I was told about a raspberry field that you could pick your own raspberries. I thought it would be fun for the kids and with harvest time here in full swing I have been wanting to pick something. Here Sierra is trying to figure out which way she should go. It was pretty massive.
The girls had so much fun picking, although Sierra's kind of all turned to mush at the end.
Grant is showing me his favorite thing to pick: rocks. He didn't touch a berry the whole time we were there.


At the end the kids got bored and played on the playground at the farmer's house. Very nice of them to include that feature don't you think. We stayed for 1 1/2 hours (which flew by). It was hard for me to stop picking. You just keep finding more and more good, yummy berries. In the end we weighed in at almost 10 pounds! I guess we'll be having lots of raspberry dishes in the next year.

3 comments:

T-Ray said...

Fun! Makes me want to go pick berries!

Lori said...

yummy! a raspberry patch sounds like good fun. we have a blueberry patch we are going to have to check out one of these days.

Lynette Mills said...

You know what's good Kristy... just freeze some and put them on your cold cereal in the morning. Berry delicious!