Friday, October 15, 2010

Technology

I can't remember records, but I can remember tape cassettes. I remember when Cd's came out thinking, nothing can top this. They will never come out with a technology that will beat Cd's. Of course new technology came, but I was still kind of stuck on Cd's.

Last week we got a new DVD player for an early birthday present for ourselves. (Jess and I always do a combined gift for our combined birthday.) Anyway, this nifty machine has the Internet built in it making Netflix a lot more fun. When Jess was going through the menu with me there was also a button for Pandora, something I had never heard of. After Jess explained what it was I tried it and have fallen in love with music all over again. You set up a free account on line and put in some of your music preferences. Pandora then builds a personalized radio station for you with all your favorite songs. It's so cool. For all you guys who already knew about Pandora...excuse this post. I'm always a little behind the times. But I have to admit- it's way better than Cd's.

5 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

Interesting that you should post about Pandora. I have the brochure sitting on my desk waiting for me to set it up. We also got a DVD player with Netflix on it. I started to watch Lost... got thru season 3 with season 4 and 5 on my instant list. One day, season 4 is just not there! Not nice! I am looking forward to setting up Pandora though.

T-Ray said...

Pandora and I have been friends for a few years now. Doesn't get much better than a personalized radio station. :o) I do love technology.

Olia said...

Kristy, I remember records (in Soviet Union), but I like Pandora much more!

Lori said...

I have never heard of Pandora before, it sounds great. One day when our family gets up to date with Technology i'm sure we will go for it (if by then they havent come out with something else). For now we are satisfied in the wilderness with the basics.

jamie hixon said...

I've used Pandora a couple of times, mostly on long car rides with Dan. I guess I'm not addicted, but I do agree, it is pretty cool.