Thursday, November 18, 2010

Still sick

Reanne missed school last Thursday, Friday and Monday, so on Tuesday I sent Reanne to school again. I felt a little bad because she was coughing up her lungs all morning, but I thought she could handle it. At 1:00 that day the office called me to come pick her up. She coughed so hard that she threw up. I'm a bad mom, I know. We bought a humidifier which we turn on every night in the girl's room. Grant gets it if he needs it. But even with our new device, Reanne woke up the other night with more problems. She was screaming and when I went in to see what was wrong she had blood coming out of her nose and mouth. It was quite a shock at first until I realized that she was sucking down a bloody nose and trying to spit it out again. Gross. This happened again last night as well. Poor Sierra is now having nightmares that Reanne is going to throw up or get blood all over her during the night on her trundle bed. Switching her head to the opposite side of Reanne's helped a little.

Tonight we are prepared. Reanne is drugged with cough medicine. We put the humidifier on full blast, closed the heat vent, put Vaseline in Reanne's nose and I think I might wear earplugs.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Kristy! I am so sorry that your kids are having a hard time getting better. Having sick children is the pits. Mine both have that nasty cough also and the runny noses have finally eased up after almost 2 weeks! Glad i don't have the blood though, poor Reanne.
Hang in there- love you.

AllMyKs said...

That sounds so horrible! Poor Reanne! I think we will wait a little longer before we invite your kiddos over :) Get everybody better soon!

T-Ray said...

Oh dear... now I see what Lori was talking about on spokt. I'm SO sorry that Reanne is so sick. Your not a bad mom. I hope she gets better soon and that you get a rest from sick kids and don't get sick yourself.

jamie hixon said...

Wow, the blood would have really freaked me out.
I hope Reanne gets better soon, for her sake and yours! Also, I don't think you are a bad mom. It must have seemed like she was on the mend.
I'm pretty sure that Asher either dislocated something yesterday or broke something in his hand or wrist or something. He had a screaming night last night too.

Lynette Mills said...

Oh... so sad Kristy. Sick kids can be such a trial.

Olia said...

Kristy! You are brave! I would take them all to ER that night. Did you go to your doctor? Our pediatrician always prescribes a ton of meds for every symptom (sometimes even Tylenol - like I can't get that over the counter). I'd feel so much better if I knew the doc knows what's going on. I took Michael with a little cough, and it turned out to be croup.Was I glad I went! There is no treatment for it, but he gave us steroid, and it speeds up recovery. Plus it made me feel better just to know what the illness was.