Friday, February 25, 2011

Second Grade Program


Last night Reanne performed in her second grade patriotic program. I was so impressed with her and all the other second graders. I thought it was inspiring...for several reasons. First, I thought it wonderful that the school thought it worthwhile to instill some patriotism in these little souls. They sang probably a dozen songs, only half of which I knew. Second, I was amazed with how much these 8 year old kids memorized! They gave us long quotes from the founding fathers, the recited the Preamble to the Constitution, let alone ALL the verses to our patriotic songs. I loved how happy all the kids were to perform. I wish I was still like that. And I love that proud feeling of watching your child when you know they have worked so hard and are excited to show you what they can do.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

awesome! Wish I could have been there to see it. Sounds like a great program.

Lynette Mills said...

I was thinking that every elementry school in the country should be required to put on a program like that. But there is not a chance that will happen.

Lori said...

That seems like a lot for second graders! wow, that is impressive. I bet Reanne was a star :)Wish i could have been there too.

jamie hixon said...

So sweet! I probably would have cried. My kids will probably be so embarrassed to have me as their mom when they perform. I cry when I see other people's kids. I can't imagine how bad it is going to be with my own!