Monday, March 7, 2011

Reanne's baptism

I can't believe that my oldest is now official. It was quite a day. A tiny stressful for all involved, but very wonderful. Reanne sang the song, "When I am Baptized" with her two friends who also got baptized that day. They all did a wonderful job. Reanne is a bit terrified to put her head under the water so it took a lot of coaxing to get her in the water. Jess and I were pretty much praying the whole time that Reanne would actually go through with what she was excited to do. And she did. Thank goodness! Here they are....Reanne doesn't look nervous here. You would never know it took 5 minutes of pep talk in the font.
And here she is after everything was over. She is so beautiful. So I wanted to make the dress she got confirmed in. I used a pattern I had, thinking it would be pretty simple. Well, it wasn't too hard to make but I didn't realize how much fabric the pattern took. Poor Reanne is wearing about 7 yards of fabric. The brocade on the bottom is beautiful but so heavy. Notice how Reanne is standing so tall? You might think it is because she feels so good now that she is baptized and confirmed, but it is probably because she is trying to hold up her dress.
I wanted to say thanks to everyone who came to support Reanne on her special day. We are very blessed to have such great friends and family.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Reanne DID look so beautiful and I am glad she went through with it because I was a little nervous that she wouldn't.

Becky said...

Congrats to Reanne!!

MnM McQuivey's said...

Congratulations Reanne!!! Her dress is beautiful...good job Kristy!!

Lori said...

Oh Reanne. Always giving you a time to the very end :) Good for her for overcoming her fear. I hear it was "freaky" :)
7 years of fabric! Wow, that is a heavy dress. Beautiful though.