Monday, November 14, 2011

Sierra's 6th Birthday Party

 Sierra wanted to have a Princess Tea Party for her birthday party.  She wanted to invite all the girls in her class, a few neighbors, and her cousins.  I planned on 12 girls being there (including my girls.)  I spent a lot of time preparing things that each girl would take home at the end of the party

So...to start out the party two of the girls came early.  Not just a few minutes early, but 25 minutes early!  And one of the girls was a sister, so not technically invited.  Who does that?  Another girl came and didn't realize it was a birthday party.  I guess I didn't specifically say that it was a birthday party on the invitation so that was my fault.  But wouldn't you bring one just in case it wasn't just a party just for the fun of it?  Then another girl came with her sister.  There were a lot of girls.  It was really loud in my small house.

First the girls got their nails done and some makeup.  While they were waiting their turn they played some princess games.  Painting  nails took longer than I thought so Jess had the girls tell princess stories until we finished.  They were all fascinated with their made up stories.  It was kind of cute.  So the big game -the princess scavenger hunt- was next, but I had too many girls come (because of all the siblings who showed up.)  I didn't have enough princess items anymore so I had to ask Reanne to be the princess who didn't get a tiara, a magic wand or a necklace.  That didn't go over well.

For the rest of the party Reanne pretty much was in tears.  I had to send her out of the house because it got so bad.  She came back in time to see Sierra open her presents.  With every present she cried harder.  It was awful.  Then Grant started crying.  I was trying really hard to not cry myself.

By the time the party was over I had a huge headache and I was mad at most of my kids.  I swear I am going to give up trying to do fun things for my kids.  I am letting everyone know now that next year I am not holding any friend parties.



6 comments:

Lori said...

Oh Kristy, i'm so sorry it didn't go like you planned. Partys are so stressful! That is really lame that siblings came that were not invited... that makes it tricky. I had a similar stress at Williams party where people that didn't rsvp ended up coming and left me short handed with favors. The pictures look great though and it seems like Sierra enjoyed her party. Good job!

jamie hixon said...

Oh, that is such a bummer. At least everything looked good! And hopefully Sierra was happy. I had a similar thing happen with Asher's party... three siblings who were not invited crashed the party. I wonder if the parents are just like, "Sweet! A babysitter for all of my kids!" I had prepared one extra favor just in case, but I had to ask ASHER the birthday boy NOT to take a treat. And one of the siblings that was way too old to be there anyway. I feel your pain.

Lynette Mills said...

What is wrong with people these days... Sierra looked very happy so I think it was worth it kristy ...

Ruby said...

Reanne came over and insisted that Chad, shari and Abby and Jules were all invited to the party. So glad I shrugged it off. Maybe that is where all the extra kids came from? Hehe

T-Ray said...

I'm sorry that it ended up being such a pain! i wish I could have been there to help out. It looked super cute.

Olia said...

Kristi, you are such an awesome mom!!! all the planning and fun things and presents and decorations! how does that? only awesome moms!

I think my first party was when I was 8 (mom my was kind to herself). Michael only had 2 parties and I did put a lot of work into them, and afterwards every time I thought, never again! lol. but then I forget the next year and plan another one.