Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dinner Surprise

My kids are generally not big helpers around the house.  When I ask them to do something I usually get groans and sighs.  Tonight I was in the middle of making spaghetti when Sierra asked if she could set the table.  "Sure," I said, without even looking around.  She asked me a few times what should go on the table and I told her the usual.  "Plates, forks and water bottles."  At one point I finally turned around and saw Sierra's table.  It made me smile.
There were place mats, a full set of silverware and some fake flowers she grabbed from the bathroom.  Reanne added a sign on the flowers that said thanks for coming, as well as fortunes for each of our plates.  Spaghetti tasted a lot better than usual tonight.

7 comments:

Lori said...

Oh what a nice surprise. You beautiful daughters are so sweet and thoughtful. :)
(BTW, my house has 3 rooms, one we have set up as an office/ craft room)

Lynette Mills said...

That was thoughtful... see, your good mothering is paying off!

Brett and Collette Merrill said...

That is so cute! I love the note on the flowers!

jamie hixon said...

That is so sweet and cute! Asher is such a picky eater... I've started letting him "help" me prepare the food, and he will actually try it. Kids are amazing.

T-Ray said...

How cute is that? I love the things kids come up with.

kevin said...

Gray Jacket

Moncler Jackets Sale

Coat Women Ziper

kevin21 said...

Nike High Heels

Monster High Celebrities

Jordan Heels

Nike Dunk Sb High Heels Black And Pink

High Heel