Thursday, March 22, 2012

Prehistoric Play

Jess's job in the evening is to give baths to the kids.  I do the dishes.  We are each better at the task we do and the kids are better for Jess when he bathes them.  I found out his secret one night when I went upstairs and found them all watching a program on his iPad as he scrubbed them down.  The thing about Jess is that he also likes to watch...so I never know what the kids will be viewing.  Most of the time I approve. :)

The other day I overheard the kids all playing.  They were all trying to bite at a balloon.  One of them was a Dire Wolf, one of them was a Short Faced Bear and one was a Saber Toothed Tiger.  I guess the balloon was their prey.   They were trying to eat the balloon but also stay out of the tar pits.  Who would have thought that bath time could be so educational?

4 comments:

T-Ray said...

ha ha ha.... that is brilliant!

Lori said...

That is funny. Billy would probably do this too if we had something like an ipad... glad your kids are good for him :)

Lynette Mills said...

I bet they will always remember bath time with dad...

jamie hixon said...

Funny, in our house it is usually the other way around. I bathe, and Dan does dishes. Your kids are so creative. I came across the poem they wrote for me for Christmas yesterday... it made me smile.