Thursday, September 13, 2012

Moving In

Today we connected to the Internet after not having it for two weeks.  It's amazing what you can live without when all you do all day is unpack and try to reassemble your house.  We have been sleeping at the new house for two weeks now and life is almost back to normal.  I haven't done it in so long I forgot how insane it is to move, especially during the first weeks of school.  I have to admit I was tired and cranky.  My kids keep asking me when dad is coming home.  I think because they need a normal parent in the house again.  But we all survived.

I'm wondering if moving is like taking a personality test.  There were boxes of stuff everywhere, we couldn't find clothes and we didn't have silverware to eat with, but I was pretty much obsessed with getting my pantry organized.  I spent a good three days on it.  I wasn't satisfied with just putting the food on the shelves and waiting for a more convenient time to make it all functional.  It was the only thing I could think about until it was all done.  I think it is the only thing really done in the house still.

The neighborhood is great.  In the first couple days there were people dropping by rice crispy treats and ice cream.  (I really needed that ice cream.)  And the ward is really on top of things!  I already have a visiting teaching assignment and a calling!

I realize now the number of projects that come with a new house.  It is a bit overwhelming, but I will be posting pictures as I get more things "done."

4 comments:

T-Ray said...

I hope it gets easier from here on out. Moving is tiring but exciting.... I mean, you have a new house! It is like having a blank canvas to create new artwork. :)

Lori said...

So excited to get updates as you settle in and create your new space. Glad your pantry is organized :) really, it is a very important thing to get done... food is a huge part of a families day. (at least at my house it is) Can't wait to see things at Christmas!

Lynette Mills said...

You already have a calling? I'm getting another one on Sunday ... We will have to compare notes

jamie hixon said...

I am so happy that I got to see your house. It is so cute, and I am so thrilled for you! But moving is the pits. With how crazy and dirty and disorganized my house is right now... I feel like I am moving! Ha.

And yeah! Your ward IS really on top of it.