Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween

This year Reanne wanted to be a cowgirl and Sierra wasn't sure what she wanted to be.  I, however told them they had to wear their costumes from last year.  They still fit perfectly and that was one less thing I had to worry about.  They were really good sports about it.  Sierra told everyone she was just a princess (instead of princess Tiana) and Reanne and I decided that she looked exactly like Elizabeth Swan from Pirates of the Caribbean.  She was really happy with that.  I found Grant's pirate costume at Walmart.  I thought he was definitely the cutest pirate that I saw this year.

 We discovered that there was a neighborhood trunk or treat in our cul-de-sac.  I was wiped clean of popcorn bags in about 1/2 hour so we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  We knocked on a couple doors in that neighborhood and then went to Grandma Great's house.  We were going to knock on doors around her house but realized the whole neighborhood was doing another trunk or treat near by.  The kids got more candy there than they know what to do with and in no time we were home again.
Although it may be a thing of the past, I miss knocking door to door with my kids.  I like seeing everyone's carved pumpkins and decorations.  I think it is fun to see them racing down the street and working for their loot.  Trunk or treating looses a little of the magic I think.




5 comments:

Lori said...

They all look wonderful! Glad they were happy to wear their beautiful dresses again :) you worked hard on those.
We did trunk or treat at church tonight... however, I was perfectly fine with that being solo with three small boys. You are right though, for the older ones, they should do more walking for sure. We got home and went door to door in our loop & everyone was wiped!

T-Ray said...

That does look like Elizabeth Swan's dress! And Grant is the cutest pirate I saw this year too. They all look great.

Lynette Mills said...

Thanks for coming by. Loved seeing them dressed up

jamie hixon said...

Your kids look ADORABLE!! Nice work on getting them to wear the same costumes. Gwen still fits into her Alice costume, but we borrowed Rapunzel for free, so....

I agree with the Trunk or Treat vs door to door thought. Too bad the world is more dangerous now.

nataszkowiec said...

I like it ♥♥♥