Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Backyard

The landscaping company finished the sprinkling system and curbing a few weeks ago.  On Memorial Day weekend we got our sod delivered and put in.  Every day almost since then I have been working in the backyard.  It doesn't seem like there is a lot done, there is still so much to do, but I have spent many, many hours weeding, putting weed guard fabric down and mulch.  I am REALLY missing Jess!
This is the only picture I have (before the build) of all the trash trees that were growing along our fence line.  We must have had 10 at least that Jess cut down and hauled away last fall.

These are taken after the landscaping company came to rip out the trunks and roots of the trees we cut down.  The top picture also shows the concrete ditch that also had to be removed.  Reanne could stand in the holes that were left and not be seen.

Here is what the yard looks like today.  The sod is starting to root and the burned pieces are mostly coming back.  You can see some of the fruit trees that I planted along the fence and the first grow beds that my dad helped me to build.  It looks like I could fit at least 6 more back there in that space...but I am needing to take a break.  I have pretty much run out of steam...and mulch.

6 comments:

Lynette Mills said...

Jess owes you big time for being gone while all of this went down! It looks amazing though, great work!

Lisa said...

Looks really good, kristy. Just think how much you will love your yard this summer

T-Ray said...

WOW! Looks amazing! Can't wait to see it in person!

courtneyb said...

looks awesome!
-courtney

Lori said...

What an amazing transformation! So nice to have a lawn!! I'm sorry that you had to be the one to do it all... I feel your pain :) I wish our new yard could be transformed to something that awesome soon. I will keep plugging away ;)
PS- can't wait to see you soon!

MnM McQuivey's said...

You are a trooper!!! Yards take a lot of work. I'm happy for you to able to enjoy your back yard now :)